Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Silence

It's quiet. And I find solace in that. I don't know whether it's because its 1am or I'm tired, maybe humans are geared to want pacifism and tranquility in the early hours of the morning... but I do cherish this quiet. Almost as if I'm listening to a song. I'd like to think that there is something to this, emptiness rather is quiet unsettling, and nothingness is unfathomable... so questioning silence becomes necessary, now that I pay more attention to my quiet room, my sanctuary, my bastion of myself, as the sounds of garbage trucks and cars racing by, fill my ears. Is this true silence? What is true silence... wherefore art thou silence?

My eyes have grown heavy, in the matter of moments that I've typed this. They were already but when I hopped out of bed to go brush my teeth, that sensation of waking up occurred and I had some energy to sit down, and feel the urge to create, to ponder, to peruse the inner workings of that thing we call brain. By typing am I browsing the pages of my brain, or am I tapping into something new? Is everything just a chemical response to outside factors? If so, are we really alive? These questions, well the last few bring into question free will, and what not, and that can be debated for eons. So I'll just state my opinion: yes, we have free will. Yes, there's cause and effect as well. Causality. However, we do have the free will to act or not to act, to decide within a given circumstances and look outside the options given to us. But I'm not calling on my better evidence or references for this little walk inside my head right now, just because it's late, I have class tomorrow, and I've grown more and more tired. It's amazing how lackadaisical I've become over the years. Is it age? or is it just a general societal malaise? Am I one of the sheep that are herded by our societal elite? our economic and political elite? I follow what I believe in, and what morals and ethical conduct I follow, and therefore, I am a wolf. I don't allow others ideas to breach into mine and change my mind immediately. Listen to others and then make your own decision. This is the core of understanding and then acting. Don't be too foolhardy to not listen externally, and don't be too malleable to not listen within.

All i know is that it is time for finals and I can't wait to knock em out. I've had really good classes this semester =]


No comments:

Post a Comment