Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Laryngitis isn't fun

So I kinda lost my voice over the weekend. Had a cold on Friday, over Saturday my voice started really going, by Sunday it was gone. We are not amused. The weekend, of course, was the lovely Southern Africa Simulation Game. I was on the Zimbabwe team, playing Robert Mugabe. Naturally the scenario we were given had me getting a bit more dictatorial than usual. Our strategy ended up at odds with what the professors wanted to do--we were trying to placate internal discontent and make friends, they wanted to see what it would take to get South Africa to invade us. It was intense, though, and overall a good experience. My cold has gotten a little worse, and I considered staying at the dorms today just to speed up my recovery so I'd be all fine and dandy in time for finals, but I decided to come because I have yet to hand in my final paper for my Milton class, or receive my mid-term paper for my American Lit class, and so long as I was going to two classes I figured I might as well go to my other two, since they're writing workshops and pretty easygoing. Might as well keep up the old attendance grade, right? I'll just let my internship know I have to skip tomorrow, and use that to recuperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment