Friday, December 25, 2009

So, I Managed to Miss My Final...

Hmm, you are probably reading this because you were intrigued by my title; so, let me satiate your enthusiasm by telling you what happened. I had my Stat213 finals scheduled for this past Friday at 9am-11am, but for some odd reason, I figured the final started at 2pm (and I had that in my head the whole week!). So come Friday - alarm blaring, and sun streaks beaming through my window -, I get up well-rested and ready to tackle my Stat final... but wait, the final was already given! I do my morning e-mail check, and I see a mail in my inbox from my professor informing me that I missed the final. No Way. Panic ensues as I beat myself up mentally.
I run out the dorm and head to Hunter, while e-mailing my teacher on the way, and tell my adviser the horror story. Charlotte, my adviser and one of the best people around, tells me the worst case senior is that I will have to take it at the end of the Spring term - I cringed as the words left her mouth. So, I e-mailed my professor again (this time to another e-mail address I found at her office door). It was a time of quiet and waiting...

She e-mailed me back! Yes, success! And I was informed that I can make up the final on Monday (yesterday). And so, I set three alarms to make sure that I was up. Monday at 3:45, I walk out the room - mission accomplished! Final test completed (but not necessarily aced) :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment