Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year Everybody!

I hope everyone had a fantastic ending to 2012, and that 2013 started off even better.

I had a wonderful time - my closest friends from high school got together for a silly little party. We played Egyptian Ratscrew - which is a totally demented card game that everyone in the world should learn to play.
We watched the ball drop - but we wound up watching the channel with the creepy ex- Playboy Bunny who was getting rather friendly with a cardboard cutout of Justin Beiber. It was intensely awkward and I hope they paid her well for sacrificing that much dignity on national television.
New Years Day was spent at my grandmother's, stuffing my face and gabbing with my family. It was loud, it was funny, and as always it was a great way to start the New Year.

Today.... I slept. A lot. Like, 15+ hours of sleep. Which is totally unhealthy but is exactly what I needed.  Hopefully after this post I will drag my lazy butt to the library and get some books worth reading for the vacation, so my brain doesn't turn into mush.

I also need to get online and see what books I am going to need for my classes next semester.
BIG TIP: some professors will post the book requirements early. That means you can search the internet for them before classes start. And used books from shady portions of the internet can cost $3.00, as compared to $65.00 from the school book store. So thinking about school before school starts can save MUCHO MOOLAH. When I go through and figure out how I found it last semester, I'll post it as a comment on this post so people can find it more efficiently than just randomly clicking.

So that's my life - sleep, books, family, high school friends, waiting to get back to the city. I really wonder how soon is too soon to go running back. I love my family, please, don't think I don't. But I love Manhattan so much. And I love my college friends. And not having to take care of myself is odd. I've become very independent. Suddenly having my mother telling me what to do and when I can go places and relying on cars for transportation is many different kinds of strage. Not bad, but strange.

With that, I can see that having a new date to put at the top of my papers has not changed my rambling ability at all. Glad to see I can tell pseudo-strangers all about my life.

Happy New Year Y'all - make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment