Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Breaking Down

In the few moments that I have to myself while the internet at the Brookdale dorms is characteristically being slow, I write to find peace. No really, this is actually pretty therapeutic. Just taking this one little minute before I have to study for 4 finals is actually a great time to pause my brain. I have to study for biochem and orgo (on the same day, aye!), marine geology and music. Not too bad, I won't overly complain. But with a research paper, an interview, a recital that I'm a part of, and a lab report ( I think I'm missing something, and if I am, God have mercy on my soul so that I remember it on time) for the next 6 days, I really dont know how I'm going to do this without a little push from above , concentration, hard work, endurance, and my momma's cooking. Suggestion: dont take heavy duty sciences with 2 labs, and pile on your credits. Its doable, until midterms week and finals week dawn upon you.

But really, if we are to succeed in studying for these tests and doing our work in a sane manner, the dorms definitely need a bigger, quieter and less smellier place to study than the cafeteria-turned "study" lounge. Especially considering that the Brookdale library closes at 11pm on weekdays, even during finals week. Rather than having to trek to the Baruch library, which gets crowded fast all the time, and has the strictest security and no food policies around, the health professions library should be open longer during finals week, and/or a second lounge should be opened for quiet study 24/7. Just walking past the crowded (literally every table was taken!) cafeteria was a study bummer in it of itself.

Enough about classes and finals though, you must have heard that all on Facebook. Despite having not the best of places to study, a laundry room that almost burnt my clothes ( the dryer was so overheated it smelled like smoke and looked like it was on fire- rumor has it they're fixing it soon), and an extremely hot dorm room, I don't want to sound like I'm completely bashing on and highlighting Hunter's faults. Today, I had the best sandwich/panini ever! And, it was from Hunter! It was heated to perfection, with cheese melting, smoked turkey, crisp applewood bacon, warm whole wheat bread, and pretty fresh lettuce. Of course, it was overpriced, but for my lunch (and dinner), it was the best meal I had for a while.

I really hope my groggy and impatient finals week alter ego makes her last stand soon, because I would really love to enjoy the city before Christmas! I wish all of you good luck!:)


PS- Next time I post, I promise to show a picture of my decorated room:D

No comments:

Post a Comment