Sunday, December 4, 2011

Registration, Shades of Gray, Snapshot

Sunday night in NYC...
I had a good week, but Wednesday was definitely stressful. All of us Macaulay freshman had to register for classes for next semester. We were all fighting for the same good Macaulay seminar professors. =p
We all had different registration times. I was scheduled to register at 1:10, which was one of the later registration times. I had three schedules set up just in case I wouldn't get the seminar I wanted.
OMG. By the time 1:10 came, I was having heart palpitations. =p Everything turned out fine, but I had to run to the Macaulay office because of some biology registration issues. I don't have a perfect schedule for next semester, but I think I'll be fine. (I hope!)
I had to hand in my bio lab report on Thursday. I was glad to be done with it. Let me just say that graphing can get very tedious.
I just finished reading a great book. It's called "Between Shades of Gray" and it's by Ruta Sepetys. Check it out here: http://www.betweenshadesofgray.com/ 
It is an amazing book!!! Impossible to put down and so incredibly moving. I was reading it on the train, and I had to stop myself from crying. There are some very sad moments, but there's also this amazing courage and will to survive that is so central to the book.
Today was the Snapshot Day Photo Exhibition for all Macaulay freshman. All of us were assigned to take photos on October 11. Today we were given a chance to see how the student curators arranged the photos. It was cool to see everyone's work. We had to also work in small groups and create a video, under a particular theme, of some of the photos we saw. It was fun to learn more about iMovie. =)

Have a great week!!

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment