Monday, December 26, 2011

Just Dance is the most beautiful game I have ever played

I feel happy. Because it's break, I have no work, and I have oodles of time to eat, sleep, read, and occasionally daydream. And play Just Dance on the Wii, which has just become a relatively big phenomenon in my family. It's like we never knew exercise could be fun or something. And for someone that will freely admit to being...erm, not the best dancer, shall we say...I win a lot!
You might be wondering how my finals went, seeing as I kept trying to repress their existence. Well, my finals were the 22nd, and I had a paper due the 21st[1] I had a full week of considerably less stress than a lot of students with earlier exams. So, of course, I did the logical thing, which was to go home and read the second book of a series that just came out. And then I fell into a slight depression after I finished it and read the cliffhanger and sobbed over the very intricate love triangle [2] and could wasted more time rereading said book, and throwing myself on the bed to properly sob about the lives of my fictional characters. [3]And basically I found myself, two days before my finals, completely unprepared. Cramming became my only option, and I learned that a) the library is a nice place, except when you’re bored you notice a lot of things. Like people’s shoes. And you can’t go on youtube to watch trailers take breaks.[4] But I ended up getting 4 hours of sleep before my finals, and then learned that when stressed, I am capable of running on a few handfuls of Honey Bunches of Oats, and 2 clementines.[5]

And now, thankfully, that episode[6] of my life is over! So I’m making lists of Things Amirah Must Accomplish Over Break, which includes watching movies (Sherlock Holmes!), reading books, and being a super bum. Needless to say, I’m very excited about this.

Anyway, have a good break everyone!



[1] For which we had to use footnotes/endnotes. And I really love them. They’re so cool. So I decided to commemorate the coolness of endnotes/footnotes and use them in this blog. Original, I know.

[2] Which I still can’t figure out to to resolve…one of them is going to get hurt. Or someone has to die. Why do people have to die?! Why?! I think I’m still emotionally traumatized by this book. Which, in case you were wondering, is Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare.

[3] That I realize I am overly invested in…but still. Why can’t characters who love each other be together?! WHY?!

[4] Which I suppose, is the point of going to the library, but still. It’s sad.

[5] Have I ever mentioned the depth of my love for clementines? I could write poems about that fruit. In fact, I probably have already.

[6] Speaking of episodes, I’m also going to watch so many shows OMG. I know I mention said shows in almost every blog post…so I’m finally gonna watch them!






No comments:

Post a Comment