Saturday, December 10, 2011

Winter Break

Well, it's that time of the year again. The city is decorated with holiday cheer. Classes are coming to a close. Finals are on everyone's mind. Everyone is getting their Christmas and/or Hannukah and/or other holiday list's ready.

I, for one, am looking forward to the end of this semester. My last 3 classes meet on Tuesday.

I'm happy with my Spring 2012 schedule and I'm glad that I'm really diving into my major next semester. I've also worked out a new work schedule that will help to give me more time off and more time to study.

Looking back on this semester I have learned a few valuable lessons and come to several realizations: Do your work as soon as it is assigned to you or else it will just pile up and you will fall victim to your own procrastination. Grocery shopping is much cheaper than eating every meal from the outside world. I need to meditate more. Relationships at this age are usually a joke and you might as well have fun until you're in your mid 20s. Mustangs appreciate being left in a garage for 3 months. I need an iPhone. Astor Place haircuts is the best place to get a haircut in this city. Bamboo plants won't die no matter how much they are neglected. There is no good Mexican food in this city. The only good Cuban food is in the West Village.

This winter break I am looking forward to spending some time at home with my family, as well as getting my laundry done for me and having food handed to me for free. I'm also looking forward to spending some time on my own here in the city, living at the dorm and being able to enjoy the city more now that I don't have class or homework.

Bye.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment