Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pft, What Weekend?

I had first started writing this post about a week ago, but so much work has bogged me down that I only got back to finishing it right now.

First off- Spring break, where are you?! I'm proud to be a student at a college/university/institution of higher learning that actually knows the difference between spring and winter ( I mean, come on, if you have a break in the winter, just call it a winter break, not a spring break. Gets the kids without breaks all confused and even more jealous), but we're already closing in on the end of spring semester here. Can this week go any slower? I need a break, and I bet almost everyone else really wants just as week of pure bliss soon. Even though I know I should start tackling material for finals ( ughhh) and do my piled up statistics homework, I just want to be able to bum for a bit and not feel the weight of my bag bore into my shoulder with the daily amount of books and my laptop that I bring to Hunter each day.

Because of the amount of work I have been awarded for the past two weeks, I've almost been a hermit in both the Hunter library and Baruch libraries. I know I've written about them a lot before in my posts, and I bet my opinion about them has changed ( especially that concerning Hunter library- its a love-hate relationship to say the least), but I gotta say, Hunter library, 5th and 7th floors, are the best places ( at least for me) to get some real work done in quiet and in concentration. I dunno about you, but seeing other people absorbed in their work all around me makes me want to study even more. And I love the big tables where I can just spread all my stuff around to get some real work tackled. Just last week, when studying for my orgo test, I literally spent all of Tuesday after my lab class, from 10:45am till 9pm in the library. Legit. I was in the same spot from 10:45 till about 7, getting up only once to use the facilities, and then moved to another table to get a change in scenery. Most studying done ever in one day, straight on, with no distractions. A huge feat for me, and I must say, it was only possible because of the huge ample space we got here at the library. But, we really do need upgrades, especially more outlets, and bigger tables. Its pretty annoying to have to switch your table or seat each time you need an outlet, and hunting for an available one can be a real pain. Baruch library, on the other hand, has outlets galore, and is a lot prettier. But I'm a lot more comfortable at Hunter, because you can easily eat food (as long as you aren't messy) and have water, while at Baruch, they can really nag you to put your food away.

Normally, I make my own meals here at the dorms, or heat up whatever my mom has made from home, but because I've been here for a while, and because I had to concentrate on my orgo stuff, I was forced to order from out. Man, did I miss Sea King's Hot and Spicy Ginger Chicken. What's funny is how last week, delivery.com had a 50% off sale ( or somewhere around that range) for deliveries, and a couple of friends and I were craving some food at 11pm. Can you believe that Cosmos, a local diner near the dorms, actually delivers?I got my appetite fulfilled when I got my fluffy buttermilk pancakes with butter and syrup delivered to the dorms. A definite for the next time that delivery.com has a promo/sale as sweet as 50% off.




No comments:

Post a Comment