Sunday, April 24, 2011

Break dwindles to an end

Spring break is coming to an end, sadly. Luckily for me I have no Wednesday classes, so my break will stretch till Thursday, but it does seem like a surprisingly short amount of time. Moreover, I've gotten a surprisingly small amount of work done in that time. There is definitely some truth in the idea that pressure breeds motivation, and break, with it's temporary lifting of the normal time-crunched school rush, has fostered a fairly lackadaisical attitude toward school work.

On the other hand though, I've spent a lot more time in my lab than usual, which is great, and have been walking to work most days which is also fantastic. AND I got to see some wonderful theater; my boyfriend and I went to see The Importance of Being Ernest on Friday and it was incredibly good. Having only seen a film version before, and that at least ten years ago, I greatly appreciated the wit and humor, and it definitely made me want to read some Oscar Wilde. Plus it's nice to get out and about the city from time to time, although the pedestrian traffic around the theater district is unbearable.

Now it's a nice quiet day to go for a run and actually get some work done - I have a short paper to write and chemistry and neurobiology homework to finish, and I'm supposed to come up with three statistic homework/test questions for my TA position. Oh, I also was offered a stipend to act as a TA/tutor for statistics over the summer, which is a very tempting offer. The 8-10 hour per week time commitment may be a bit much though, considering I'm already going to be taking 7 credits of class, working in the lab, and preparing for the GRE.



No comments:

Post a Comment