Monday, April 11, 2011

It's a beautiful day outside, and we're in our last week before spring break. I, like many others I know, am cutting that week short and leaving after a test I have Thursday morning, skipping my later Thursday class and my Friday classes in favor of attending the NYU Neuroscience Retreat in New Paltz with my fellow lab members. I'm really intimidated because I barely know anyone who's going to be there except the few people from my own lab, and I will be one of very few (possibly the only) undergrad there. So I'm anticipating some social awkwardness, but also a day and a half packed full of neuroscience talks which will be awesome.

Tonight I'm going to drop in on a Human Intelligence class being taught by another NYU person I know, a cognitive psychology professor down at the Washington Square campus (there's no connection between him and my current lab, they just both happen to be affiliated with the same university) who I worked with last year and has remained my go-to person for chatting about all things cognition-related. It should be fun, especially since I'm much more focussed on the biological aspect of things these days and haven't dipped my feet in the cognitive stuff for a while now.

In the meantime I have to get back to counting fluorescent cells; I'm about half way through one image that I'm counting cells in but keep getting distracted. Back to work.

- Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment