Sunday, February 28, 2010

Snow Day = Sore Body



So, New York City public schools had their second snow day in two weeks, which is just wild! NYC is notorious for making students weather the storm despite the conditions outside. Nevertheless, 2010 has softened New York City's heart, and the days off have been wonderful.
On a darker note, my CHC class has been hell. :-( The teacher is very insightful and knowledgeable, but the workload is terrible. For the past three weekends, I have been assigned three different books - The World in a City by Joseph Berger, Island at the Center of the World by Russell Shorto, and How the Other Half Lives by Jacob Riis - all of which I had to read for the next class. Pretty much, life hasn't been great for the past couple months. I have been doing pretty well with keeping up with the reading, but it is just too much. I should probably be reading now...
In any event, the snow day brought about a massive snowball fight at Brookdale, and a tackle football game right after. I pretty much got clobbered by snowballs and then slammed during the match... I am in need of some R & R.
Fun picture below.

No comments:

Post a Comment