Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Art is fun.

First I just want to put up some good news before moving on to current events: I've been accepted to the Watson School at Cold Spring Harbor for a 10 week summer internship! I'll be working on genetics and development in tomato plants with one Dr. Zach Lippman, and I'll be involved in all sorts of fun activities with students from all over the world, including meeting Dr. Watson himself.

On a completely less academic note, yesterday was my good friend's 20th birthday (woohoo!). So I went to his place in floral park, where we hung out to celebrate his birthday. He had a pretty large piece of good, heavy paper that was a gift to him from his drawing teacher from last year, and a good set of different art supplies. We made an amazing playlist, and decided to just go and paint, draw and color everything we wanted on the page, with the catch that every time the song changed we also had to change what we were drawing. Folk-Punk songs are absolutely hilarious in this, because you're lucky if the last more than 2 minutes. We went strong until 4 am, when we were almost completely dry of both ideas and ability, but I really can't wait to see that thing finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment