Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Full Swing

I've had nearly all of my classes - I had had all of the ones I signed up for, but I dropped one. For future English/Education majors, be forewarned: DO NOT TAKE STRUCTURES OF MODERN ENGLISH WITH PROFESSOR KAREN GREENBERG. She's insane. The course is supposed to be a grammar course, but she spent the entire hour and a half arguing that "correct grammar" is a ploy created by white people in order to discriminate and oppress people who do not have a handle on it. Meanwhile, don't all languages have grammar rules? Isn't that part of what makes them cohesive languages? Whatever. I dropped it and replaced it with an honors course on Freud, which looks really interesting. At the very least, Freud's works are great foundational texts for creative writing, literary analysis, and women studies. Woo hoo!

On par for the week - reading Foucault and Freud, writing and reading articles, some CHC work, and German homework. Pretty exciting! (A little dense, but still, exciting.)

- Katharine

No comments:

Post a Comment