Friday, February 19, 2010

It's been a while

Hi guys and sorry I've been away :( I've just been kind of crazy with all this new spring termness. So far, all my classes have been really good. I'm taking Intro to Women and Gender Studies, Peopling of New York , Human Sexuality, Intro to Lit, and Greek and Latin Roots of English. My Intro to WGS is amazing, particularly because the professor is amazing. Professor Hymson is not only really nice, but incredibly knowledgeable on the subject. I completely recommend the class for everyone - not just for those who are planning a WGS major/minor. As for my MHC seminar, I have the much coveted Professor Chin who is just as amazing. I understand why everyone wanted her. Our final project for the class will be a virtual tour of an ethnic area in NYC, which should be interesting, so I will keep you all posted on that. Human Sexuality is tons of fun! I really recommend Professor Koken. I'm so glad she's young and fun and open, otherwise Human Sexuality would just be boring and awkward. Intro to Lit is alright too, moving a bit slow, but Professor Varga's accent is adorable. And lastly, Greek and Latin Roots of English is interesting, but not so much fun. At some point or another, you think: 'So what?' Why am I learning Greek and Latin roots?! But I want to be a teacher, English major so I suppose it can't hurt. But Professor Simmard is lots of fun. All in all, I recommend all of these teachers for these courses. I know they say ratemyprofessor.com shouldn't be trusted, but it worked out for all my professors this time, so I don't know....

No comments:

Post a Comment