Friday, December 20, 2013

On that list flow...

Hi, everyone!!

This will be my last post of the semester, but I will definitely blog over winter break. I know you guys will just be dying to hear about my amazing adventures over our month long break (jk, what adventures?? haha). I honestly just want to spend some time reading for fun, shopping, seeing some old friends, and doing a bit of studying for the MCAT. 

I've had kind of a miserable week since last Friday. I've been nursing this bad cold all week, and I think I'm finally feeling better. Studying when you're sick is the worst thing. I kept having to stop midway to blow my nose, and my head was all funky feeling. It was just not fun. Besides producing a lot of mucus, I also managed to do some work. I wrote a paper and a lab report, and I've studied for two exams. My first final was this morning (I have finals really late this semester), and my second will be on Monday. And then…sweet freedom. 

This week's post is not going to be too exciting because I spent most of the week indoors studying, but hmmm….what to write about??

How about I make some lists?

5 Motivations for Studying

- Get an A in the class. (Gotta lift that GPA.)
- Impress your professor so you can get a recommendation. (Becomes more necessary as you progress through college.)
- Sound smart during those random deeply intellectual conversations you have with your friends. (We all secretly have this motivation.)
- Because learning is fun!!! (Well, it can be. If you're doing it right. If not, then it's hell)
- Impress yourself and boost that self-confidence! (Because none of the other stuff matters if you don't have that desire to better yourself.)

5 Reasons Why People Succeed in Life

- Persistance
- Discipline
- Focus
- A desire to be better
- External support

Below is my FB status from last night. (It also happens to be a list.)

Things I Learned in Physics This Semester

- Why ice skaters spin faster when they pull their arms in (because they decrease their moment of inertia)
- Why seat belts and airbags save lives (they allow a smaller force to be applied over a longer period of time)
- Why we don't fall off of roller coasters (we travel at a minimum speed for that particular radius)
- why friction both prevents motion (why that box just won't move) and produces motion (why bowling balls roll)
- why satellites don't just fall to earth (they move at a particular speed for a particular size orbit)
- why every object attracts every other object in the universe (because newton said so)

…and finally why even though i studied a lot this semester, i really did very little work (Work = Fcosθd)

A few weeks ago, I featured Avicii's "Hey Brother" as the "Song of the Week". The music video came out a couple of weeks ago, and it's such a tearjerker. 


S. 

Quote of the Week

“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”

~ Søren Kierkegaard

No comments:

Post a Comment