Sunday, December 1, 2013

Okay now I can talk about CHRISTMAS TIME

 It is my first day in the dorm post-Thanksgiving, so I decided to decorate for Christmas today.
I really love Christmas. My entire weekend was spent watching Christmas movies with my mother, and finding all the Christmas things I needed to take to the dorm.

For anyone who cares about "being productive", I did manage to get my applications done, talk to my little brother, do my laundry, and get all my music in order. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out my last post. Not everything I needed to do, but most of it. The rest was contingent upon other people.

So, to the real reason for this post: Showing off!! I want to show you guys a few photos of my new Christmas decorations in my room. This is not an exhaustive list, and I promise by the end of Little Christmas, I will have more decorations to take down. For those that aren't aware, Little Christmas is 12 days after "regular" Christmas, and is the date used as Christmas by the older Julian calendar. It's commonly called "Feast of the Epiphany". You have to keep your tree and decorations up until at least Little Christmas as a sign of respect, but its the last day you have them up.


My little silver tree is sitting on my  dresser, and it looks so cute there!

My Grandmother got me an Advent calendar. This decoration is both cute and functional, since it means I get a piece of chocolate every day.

I wrapped my door like a present. I'll likely get some ribbons and a bow on it soon.

This is a flip-toy from Rockefeller Plaza. If you line up all the cubes properly, you get a all these different pictures of Rockefeller Plaza. At Christmas time, I keep it on the picture of the tree.
And that's how it starts, folks. A tree, a bit of paper, and some cute music. I'm making plans to go ice-skating and wander around Bryant Park with a few friends this week, so that'll be another great way to get festive. I'll keep you all posted!

1 comment: