Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cute Christmasy Things

So my week from hell is finally over. I have taken all three of my exams and handed in my two papers. On Thursday, after I had fought the good fight against finals week (and successfully avoided getting a cold with Emergen-C and lozenges), my boyfriend and I went to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Plaza, then walked up and down 5th Avenue to see the fancy Christmas window displays. This is a ritual I've undergone since I was little. My parents and I would trek into the city from Long Island and brave the crowd for all the touristy things (the tree, window displays, 5th avenue stores, etc.) This year, there were some beautiful displays at Bloomingdales, Bergdorf Goodman, and Tiffany and Co. We didn't get all the way through the displays, so I'll be going back for Saks and Macy's. Here's a walking guide to all the best window displays, and some pictures.

The tree at Rockefeller Plaza!

My boyfriend and I at the tree!

The Christmas display at Tiffany.

The Plaza Hotel (they finished remodeling)

So after spending all day looking at the Christmas windows and being cute with my boyfriend and drinking Starbucks, I caught my flight the next morning to Florida for a two-week vacation. This will be a good time to relax, shop, and get a tan (I'm unbelievably white). Unfortunately, going to a hot climate means wearing shorts, and that means actual shaving, which I hadn't done since August since it's winter and I basically do not care at all. 

Anyway, I'm here for Christmas and New Years, then returning to New York for January break to spend time with my friends and family. This winter break is much-needed, since I haven't taken a break from school since last winter (I took summer classes). I'll be back to blog in the spring (and might keep you updated a bit over winter) because I have a semi-obsession with telling you guys about my life/posting instagrammed photos of food and things, so I'll see you guys after the break. Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment