Thursday, April 18, 2013

This is just me being happy about something



I ordered something REALLY excellent from the Internet. 

IT'S SO POLITICAL, I LOVE IT.
I've always been really passionate about feminism. Hunter offers a really excellent class called Women and the Law. It studies the impacts of laws that have both helped and hurt women over the past 3 centuries, dating all the way back to Blackstone and the idea that a woman is a legal non-entity once she marries. This class also ties into the Civil Rights and LGBTQ Rights movements, since it's almost impossible to separate the effects these three have had on each other.

The professor - Jan Kleeman - is FANTASTIC. She's really clear about all the concepts and she also has a real passion for teaching kinds about the law. So, why do you care? Well, because you should take this class. Its an excellent class.

I would likely have bought this sweater regardless of whether I was in this class or not, but it seemed like a cute way to encourage you guys to take a class I'm really enjoying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment