Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Goethe Exam, papers, and schedules.

Hey everyone,

sorry for the delayed post!  I know you were all on the edge of your seats, waiting to see what would happen next...jk!  But just in case you were, here's an update-- I passed my Goethe Zertifikat B1 exam, which means I have an international measure of my German language proficiency!  I'm so happy about that, because I was so nervous during the test, something that normally doesn't happen to me...the instructions were in German, and the professors proctoring the exam were speaking German so quickly...definitely nerve wracking.  But I'm just so glad I got through it!  And I did well on my German midterm, which was a cumulative e-portfolio of article and video summaries, and vocabulary definitions that I've been working on weekly over the semester.  My dilemma for next semester is whether to take another German language or literature course, or begin a new language.  I'm leaning towards beginning a new language, so that I have enough time to learn it almost as fully as I learned German.  It's definitely weird to think of being in a language 101 class though, after taking German 302 (except for grammar concept explanations, the class is entirely in German!).

In other news, I'm working on my research paper for my Seminar, about the past and proposed developments for Flushing Meadows Corona Park and Willets Point in Queens; I'm working on my research paper for my Jerusalem seminar, about archaeology at Temple Mount in Jerusalem; and, I'm trying to decide on a paper topic for my Timeless Don Juan class.

I've been beginning to think about my schedule for Fall 2013 (and then I realize that I only have four semesters left at Macaulay and Hunter =[ ), and if I do take as many 300 level and/or Honors classes as I took this semester, I may try to take 12 credits instead of 15.  15 credits + an internship + working = a little much!  It's not impossible; I'm managing it right now.  But it definitely depends on the difficulty of the credits...I'm currently taking two 300 level courses, one of them a MHC honors course (to fulfill the required four honors classes), two 200 level courses, one of them my MHC honors seminar, and one my Thomas Hunter Honors Program honors seminar, and a 100 level intro course (which turned out to be more work than I expected =/).  If I were taking 5 100 and 200 level courses, I wouldn't have a problem, but the honors classes and 300 level classes are definitely more intensive.  So for now, as I think about what I might take, I'll be considering the difficulty and number of classes, plus the possibility of an internship (which I totally recommend, and hope to do another one soon..it's definitely a learning experience!).

Anyways, I need to get back to reading about Jerusalem, so, until next time! (which will be sooner than this time was, I promise =] )

G.

1 comment:

  1. It's a Very informative article , all the information's are given very clearly.I really appreciated with it, I will bookmark this site.Thanks for sharing.

    11 plus tuition

    ReplyDelete