Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Break is Almost Over/Tips For The Best Vacation

Today is the last day of spring break, and although I don't have any actual classes until Thursday, I'm definitely not so excited to be having to wake up for school again. Last week I went to Disney and Universal in Orlando, Florida with my family and had a lot of fun. I meant to post while I was away, but the internet in the house that we were renting was pretty awful so I didn't have a chance.

Anyway, here are a few tips to make your future spring breaks (and other vacations) the best they can be:

  1. Put on sunscreen!! No matter how much you want to tan, no matter how dark your skin is, no matter how overcast it may be - don't take a chance! I'm fairly tanned regularly, but my mother is very overbearing about sunscreen. Disregarding the long term harms, in the short term, getting a sunburn will ruin your vacation. I got slightly burnt on my face, even though I put sunscreen on every morning while I was in Florida and for the first few days it wasn't even hot. But you never know, so just do it!
  2. Drink lots of water. It really sucks to get dehydrated while you're trying to have fun, as my brother learned while we were away.
  3. Know your limits! So, obviously we were going to theme parks, but I'm a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to heights so I knew not to go on Dr. Doom's Tower ride which basically just launches you up and down. My mother went on but kept her eyes closed and was screaming so loud I could hear her on the ground. You won't have fun if you're terrified.
  4. Even if things seem to suck at first (the weather's cold and windy, family feuds, etc), just have fun! Cause at the end of the day, vacation isn't forever and soon you will have to go back to school. Which is definitely not as fun, even if I was smiling brilliantly the moment I stepped back onto 23rd street because I was happy to be back at Brookdale with my friends.
I managed to post three weeks in a row, and discounting the fact that I physically couldn't post last week, I'm considering myself to still be on a win here and plan to go to Pinkberry later this week. Now, I'll leave you with some photos I took while I was away (I took a lot, these are just a few).


No comments:

Post a Comment