Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Road Here

I have a favor to ask of everyone who reads this, be you a prospective student, a fellow blogger, or some cat who just happened to sit on the keyboard of your owner's computer.

I'm really interested in finding out how people found out about Macaulay. I meet so many people who don't know what Macaulay is, and who would have given anything for the opportunity I have here. Why don't they know about it? Who didn't they talk to? More importantly, what can be done to make sure that all the really intelligent, amazing kids who deserve this chance get it?

I know how I found out about Macaulay. A friend was applying to Macaulay when i was just starting to look into colleges. she was only the second person from my school to apply - I'm the third.

But how did YOU find it?

If you would be so kind to comment and just tell me how you found out about Macaulay. Did you stumble upon it on the Internet? Do you have a friend who knew? If you know how they know, that would be a thing to share. Did a guidance counselor tell you? Are you the cat sitting on the keyboard who doesn't go to college?

I'd really appreciate this everyone! Thanks a bunch in advance!

P.S. If you also want to tell me why websites you use for your college information (Collegeboard, CollegeProwler any other sites) I'd appreciate that as well!

2 comments:

  1. I remember a pamphlet coming in the mail when my older sister was looking into colleges, about 3 years ago- and I just kept it, put it on my cork board, and here we are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a CUNY pamphlet in my high school's College and Career Office, and there was a small paragraph on Macaulay. I did some research on it and became interested in applying. Here I am 3 1/2 years later. Kinda insane. haha.

    ReplyDelete