Thursday, April 11, 2013

Frederick, Funk, Footnotes


I still haven't cut my hair and I'm having a very weird identity crisis regarding this decision.
This post contains several wildly unrelated subjects, which I have nicely separated into paragraphs with bold titles. You're welcome. 

GILMORE GIRLS & THOUGHT CATALOG Since I usually begin these enlightening posts about the mundanities of my daily life, let us begin, logically, with Gilmore Girls. I've watched several Gilmore Girls episodes this week, a treat, since I've never seen all of the episodes in seasons 5-7. Logan's such a cutie. Also, you might not know this, but thought catalog can sometimes read minds. It always posts things that are related to my life on twitter. I'm sure they write articles directed towards my life and no one else's, obviously. For example, who was watching Gilmore Girls this week? (Me) and did they have a random out-of-the-blue article about "25 Things You Didn't Know About Gilmore Girls" ? YES. YES THEY DID! 

 BREAKUPS & THE THREE LITTLE PIGS While we're on thought catalog, there was also this article called "Breaking Up Is Just As Heartbreaking," which I found refreshing and well argued. No one ever thinks about the breaker-up-er (not a word...it's "dumper" right? Is that what they're called? "Person Who Did The Breaking Up" "Person Who The Dumpee's Friends Hate On Because They Ended The Relationship"). It's like that book, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs,[1] where the wolf talks about his side of the story. But anyway, I agreed with it. Both sides are heartbreaking. Being the person to make the decision sometimes may be even worse than breaking up. Don't hate on the breaker-up-er!

FREDERICK There's this guy- some random guy- that I had a amusingly refreshing interaction with. I won't describe it here, lest he read this (that'd be freaky and embarrassing for sure, but I figure if I write this very anonymously, I could mean anyone and no one will guess), but it was incredibly short and left me wondering who he was. I don't know his name or anything about him at all except that he's a student, but I'm going to name him Frederick and I hope I keep running into this Frederick[2]. I'll be sure to keep y'all updated.

LOOKING HOT IN THE RAIN (hahaha that's an oxymoron or something right..cuz you can't be hot in the rain hahaha) My friend and I bought a groupon for 20 fitness classes (for $20! It was worth $200 since those classes are usually $20 each) and we spontaneously attended a "FUNK U" dance -zumba-y class. They played funky old (70s, 80s) songs and it was hillllarious. I knew most of the songs, like Bonnie Tyler stuff, or "Car Wash"[3]"Play That Funky Music" (heh. obviously), and it was a lot of fun. When we finished, the thunderstorm outside was welcoming and refreshing since we were sweaty and energized. Pretending to be dames from several rain scenes in movies, we skipped and danced our way home in the rain and arrived at the dorms soaking wet. Since we were frolicking and running in the rain in our ever-attractive gym clothes, I'm sure even you would not think I was lying when I say there were swarms of boys awaiting our presence.[4]

SCHOOLWORK On schoolwork: I alwayssssss dig myself a hole [5] second semester. I suppose I must just feel that it's alright to neglect my work more than usual and cram and do poorly and then have to do extremely well in order to achieve an A in the end. Sighh. Sigh sigh sigh. Don't do this, everyone. It makes every test into a do-or-die test.

DON'T HAVE A TITLE FOR THIS ONE SORRY Last year, I used to resent traveling home. I like being home and with my family and siblings on the weekends. It's always happy. But, to get home, I have to leave early during the day on Friday and return Monday morning around 6 AM (to get rides with my dad). It made me miss practically every Friday afternoon hang out, which led to the resentment. However, this year, maybe I've matured? I kind of just came to realize that my siblings aren't going to be 12 and 15 forever, and my little brother isn't always going to look forward to me coming home so that he can beg me to play monopoly or basketball. He even makes bargains with me- where he'll fetch my phone or let me have the TV if I play 20 minutes of basketball with him. I don't even always play when I'm home, but I'll be sad the day when he stops asking. I know a lot of college students don't live even close enough to go home every weekend, but I do, and...in the next five years, who knows where I'll be or what I'll be doing. I wouldn't (I think) be living at home anymore- hopefully living on my own and working and stuff, and .... that's sad. So while I can still somewhat be home routinely, I'll do it. My older brother is 20 and he comes home too, and I'll be sad when he maybe moves far for work or gets married or moves out in general, because it's sad when you and your siblings don't all live together at home anymore. I'd be next, and then my sister and other brother. Of course, change is good, but I'll miss these years. I feel silly, but I miss them already.

 Amirah

PS. ~Look how creative I am with my footnotes~~ Just kidding ahaha. I like footnotes though. Everyone deserves to use a good footnote once in a while.





[1] Yes. This is a college related blog and I am a college student and I just referenced a children’s book. Instead of referencing something like Shantaram. Or like, even Game of Thrones would’ve probably been better.
[2] I think Frederick’s a cool name.
[3] Isn't that song in Shark Tale so awesomely appropriate for the movie? Right? Don’t you just love that movie?
[4] Swarms. It was practically a line of suitors. 
[5] I imagine it would be a well dug hole. With pretty leaf decorations. The worms and I would be friends and fend off the other insects together. This fantasy may continue if my next microbiology test is a mess. With each less-than-amazing grade, I will continue adding ideas for my sad hole-habitat.


No comments:

Post a Comment