Thursday, October 3, 2013

Good People.

This is a swift post to just let you know that the people here at Hunter are good people.

Lately, I've been having a lot of rude encounters. Nasty people on the street. Inconsiderate individuals on the subway. Jerks in department stores. This is New York City, and though we're not a rude as most people claim New Yorkers are, we can be cold.

But Hunter has a very different feel to it. Everyone is friendly, everyone is kind. A lot of the time between classes is spent chatting with your classmates amenably. I was worried, when I came here, that going to a commuter school meant that it would be hard to find people who were around in between classes. But since so many people commute, they actually spend the day here. (Why come here for a two hour class, then go back for three hours, and then back for another class? At the distance so many students are traveling, that doesn't make sense.)

This post is actually just a shout out to a young man who was on the seventh floor a few minutes ago.
 My wallet had broken open in my backpack, and when I opened it, money spilled everywhere. I didn't notice when that happened, until this guy tapped me on the shoulder and says "Hey, that's yours!"

He could have picked it up himself. He didn't have to try and get my attention and help me.

But he did, and obviously, I am grateful.

Good people. Good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment