Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Typical Not That Interesting School Day

After a three-day weekend of marathoning movies from the comfort of my fleece blanket cocoon, as well as avoiding any homework, today was just another anti-climactic day during the year. It was a Monday schedule, aka my late day, so I left the dorm around 10:30ish for my 11:10am class. I fell asleep in both computer science and economics today, but compsci was more of a catnap. In economics, let me tell you, I was getting some good REM sleep in, so thank god I have a good friend who takes kick-butt notes in class with me.

I usually have Chinese tutoring in between my two classes, (in flagship you need three mandatory hours of tutoring each week) but my tutor couldn’t make it to school today, so I had two hours to completely waste that I used to meander around Bryant Park, don’t ask me why, it was totally impulse. For some reason I absolutely cannot get work done at Hunter, so I try to schedule my classes with as short amount of time in between each. As for lunch, I usually just stuff a granola bar or apple into my face as I sprint from class to class, but I prefer that to hour-plus breaks.

After econ my friend and I got some dinner and went shopping for a bit, and now I’m back at the dorm praying my homework and applications for everything ever get done somehow, which isn’t really that effective. I always somehow end up looking at pictures of dogs on the internet.

Every Tuesday I usually to go yoga at 9pm to let off some steam, but my hip has been acting up, so I gotta take a break, which is a shame because I’m really starting to love yoga. Everything you do during class truly benefits yourself, but before and after is a good time to bond with friends, as I try to go with whoever is around brookdale and isn’t too swamped with work.


On a side note, one of my best friends on the planet sent me a ‘midterms care package’ last week filled with goodies from her recent trip to Peru and other snacks LOADED with caffeine, but I guess Hunter has midterms really late? Mine are all next week and the week after, I think, possibly. I didn’t tell her that, I just had all the chocolate and cookies for dinner several days straight. Oops. Taking lazy to the next level is something you learn about very quickly once you move into brookdale.

No comments:

Post a Comment