Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I have a feeling 2011 is going to be a great year. I woke up at 7AM (which was surprising because I slept at 5AM due to a New Years Eve party), sipped tea and sat in the warm glow of the sun. Being in that environment made me reflect on what the new year means for me. As a freshman, 2010 was a pretty big year for me. I transitioned from being a senior in high school to being a freshman in college, from top of the food chain to the bottom. Now I'm living away from home, cooking my own meals, and setting my own schedule. It has been really difficult and stressful at times but I'm glad the semester's over and anxious for Monday to arrive so I can find out my grades!

I suppose I could have New Year's Resolutions but they always seem to be the same each year: do better in school, be more social, sleep and exercise more, read something other than a textbook, and travel to some place new. In the beginning, I'm motivated to follow through but as the days pass by and the year progresses, I become swamped with work and lose the drive to complete them. Hopefully 2011 will be different! Judging from the odd time I woke up, this may be the year where the resolutions lists dwindles down for the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment