Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Macaulay Interviews!

It has been so much fun interviewing Macaulay applicants. Every single person that walks in is qualified in terms of academics, but there's the social aspect that really sets them apart from others. There were a few nervous nellys that seemed to be overwhelmed with the college process and were unable to make coherent responses. For the most part, they were intelligent and thoughtful. This one guy in particular came with a two page resume that blew me away. He's involved in so many extracurriculars that I wondered how he managed to have time to sleep! I'm so happy I volunteered to interview applicants because it has been truly enriching.

When we turn the tables on them and ask them if there are any questions they have about Macaulay, they always wonder what college is like. Even though it has only been one semester, I can honestly say that I would not trade the Macaulay experience for anything else. Taking pre-med courses and dorming helped me learn more about the world around me and myself. I feel like college is more than pure academics. It's also about expanding outside your comfort zone, taking advantage of the numerous opportunities offerred by Macaulay and the city itself, exploring your interests and finding new ones. I can't wait for another day of interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment