Wednesday, January 5, 2011

All my grades are in...finally...

The above picture is me in late October with some lovely pumpkins (both real and painted)! If you have not visited the orchards in upstate NY, I recommend you do so if you get the chance. They are wonderful! Just a side note...


So I have finally found out all my grades for the semester although I was supposed to know by December 27th. It's okay I suppose. I had an inkling what my grades would be. I was really excited to get an A+ in 20th Century Art II! That was a really hard class and finishing off a century of art with a bang was nice. In Classical Sociological Theory I got an A (I really wanted an A+...) which was good and an A in my Thomas Hunter course, Integrating the Irrational. I got an A- in Chinese and Japanese Art, which made me a little sad. But the course was difficult, the professor horrible, and the curriculum left open to anything by Hunter. It was to be expected. I have gotten a total of 4 A-s in college now but I have also gotten 8 A+s and 15 As. What am I complaining about?! I guess obsessing over an A- is to be expected of a Macaulay student. Aiming high is a very good thing but not beating oneself up over mistakes is an important thing to remember. Honors students are human beings like anyone else and have faults. I think recalling one's common humanity with all people is an important action that can help an overachiever and, well, everyone for that matter...I seem to be rambling because it is 2:00 AM. I better go to sleep or risk not getting up early enough to finish and mail in my MoMA volunteer application. Goodnight and Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment