Monday, January 31, 2011

Spring Semester's Snowy Start

My break is over. This is snow way to live....or is it?

As I did last semester, I kept my Fridays open. So while my friends went to Hunter Friday, during the day I prepared for school and tidied up my room, buying books and an cabinet to put my mini fridge on. I think the best way to start what CUNY calls "Spring 2011" with without school. It makes the cold (including Thursday's snow) much more tolerable.

I returned to the dorm Tuesday night and when not interviewing applicants to the class of 2015, I've been seeing new-old friends and reacquainting myself with the city that I abandoned for all of break. I wish I had spent more free time in Manhattan. I like being here best without the constant pressure of schoolwork.

So classes for me started today. Mondays are going to be my busiest days. Peopling of New York City, Introduction to Media Production and Ancient Near Eastern Religion run back to back. The sitting in class won't be bore me in the least, but overlapping syllabi could spell disaster when assignments start.


A quick dinner was sandwiched by my last shift of interviews and attending the semester's first floor meeting. One of the things I love most about the Macaulay Honors College and Hunter is even reading the same sheet can produce something unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment