Friday, September 26, 2014

What will your verse be?

Hi, everyone!

It's late on a Friday night, and we're nearing the end of the third day of this mini-break. I'm going to be honest with you all. I have felt somewhat unmotivated and disillusioned for the last couple of days and am only now getting back to my happy self. I think September is just not a good month for me. Or maybe I just need to regroup and refocus on what's important: doing amazing on the MCAT and in my classes so that I can have some peace of mind next semester.

Anyway, sorry to start off in such a somber way, but I think it's important for me to tell you guys when I'm not feeling all that great in addition to "the good stuff" like amazing classes and good laughs. You need to know that this whole "college thing" can be challenging. And let's not get started on this whole "life thing." haha.

I'm feeling better about things in part because I just finished watching Dead Poets Society, which was amazing because Robin Williams can literally play any role and because of the main message: "Carpe diem." I think we (especially we, millennials) waste too much time doubting ourselves and being afraid of being proactive in life. What are we waiting for? We won't be this young forever. We won't have all of these opportunities forever. We have to take advantage of every experience and "contribute our own verse." (I love you, Walt Whitman.)

In less serious news, fall TV is off to a great start! I loved the first episode of Gotham and am looking forward to seeing how it develops in the coming weeks. And Parenthood is back for its last season! I love this show to pieces because of how honest it is. It portrays a beautifully complicated family in all of their glories and defeats. The Big Bang Theory is back too, and I'm loving the nerdy humor as always!

One quick tip for you guys: Clean out your closet at least twice a year so that you can get rid of clothes that you don't wear anymore, and make room for some new ones! I've been good about doing this during the past few months, and I've gotten rid of a bunch of clothes that I just don't wear anymore. But don't throw them in the garage. Donate them to a charity that collects them, or drop them off at an H&M location and get a 15% coupon for every bag of clothes that you donate!

We're supposed to have some fabulous weather this weekend so go soak up some sun!

S.

Quote of the Week

"All things are difficult before they are easy."

~ Thomas Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment