Saturday, September 13, 2014

Any fool can know...

Hey, everyone!

Here's another Saturday post for you guys. I keep finding myself exhausted on Friday evenings with no energy to write anything. haha. And then I have somewhere to be on Saturday mornings until the middle of October so this post gets pushed to Saturday nights. But I'll try to stay with my regular Friday posts for next week since I know how eagerly you guys look forward to my weekly posts. haha.

Sometimes, I can't believe I have less than 2 semesters left writing for this blog. Yikes. I'm going to miss it.

But for now, you guys get to hear all about my adventures. :p

Like the one from yesterday! After my class was over, I headed over to the Brooklyn Bridge with a friend. I had been planning to go home early that day, but because it was such a beautiful day, I wanted to enjoy the sun for awhile. We ended up taking some gorgeous pictures, which is not hard to do when you have the Brooklyn Bridge as your background. :p

Me!
Photo courtesy of JLM.
Let's backtrack a bit. I had an amazing Tuesday night. And no, I didn't go to a party or meet the love of my life or stumble across the Holy Grail that night. I sat in my Gene Regulation class for 1 hour and 50 minutes and felt incredible because I was able to follow along with the journal article we were reading. And you might wonder, what's the big deal about that? Well, I had a semi crappy Monday evening and things slowly got better as Tuesday went on culminating with that bio class from 5:30 PM to 7:20 PM. But also because I had a whole lot of nerves surrounding this class because it's an advanced bio seminar. We have to read a good amount of journal articles, which aren't easy to read and which I don't usually enjoy reading unless I happen to like the topic. But I read this article, understood what was being said, and participated a lot in class that night. It just felt so good to know that this class is not something that would give me a lot of worry. Of course, it's still a hard class, but I just feel a lot better about everything. It's funny the kinds of things that can turn your day around.

Continuing with the great vibes of Tuesday night, I had an awesome Wednesday. I went to my last club fair as a Hunter student. The club fair is supposed to showcase all of the clubs so people can sign up for whatever they're interested in. It's held outside, and there's music and food. I went with a couple of friends and just passed through to see what was going on. I thought back to three years ago when I was a freshman at the club fair and how everything seemed so new and exciting. The newness has faded away, but I like to think that I still have some of that excitement.

Afterwards, we headed to Central Park and enjoyed some late summer sun. =)

Oh, I almost forgot! The blog is now called The MacBlog as opposed to just MacBlog. I noticed that I kept putting "the" there when I referred to it so I figured I would just incorporate it into the official name.

S.

The quotes from the last two posts have accidentally had to do with students and learning so I figure I'll continue with that theme for the rest of the semester.

Quote of the Week 

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” 

~ Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment