Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Random Tidbits

I usually write long posts, so here's just a bullet-pointed list of things, and stuff. Stuff and things.

  • I went to The Beatles exhibit at the New York Public Library on Friday. It was a brief exhibit filled with ticket stubs, set lists, memorabilia, collectibles, and even some of their guitars and clothing. I recommend the exhibit, but be warned it only follows their touring career which was unfortunately very short due to the overwhelming nature of their screaming fans. Seriously, they couldn't even hear themselves singing. They just had to stop touring.
  • I also went to the American Folk Art Museum, which is right across the street from Lincoln Center. Admission is free. The museum is only three rooms, on only one floor. The current exhibit is folk couture, which is SUPER cool since I basically love fashion (used to want to be a fashion designer). It's a whole bunch of designers making clothing based off of folk art pieces.
  • Last Wednesday (I have them off), I went to see a matinee of Waiting for Godot on Broadway. Basically the best thing ever, considering I read the play in my Existentialism class last spring and loved it. Also, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart AKA the biggest bromance of existence. See also: X-Men. They were the perfect pair to play Estragon and Vladimir. Perfectly acted. A tragicomedy until the end. What a privilege to see these two.
  • I also went to my first ballet performance last Thursday. Not much to say here. Pretty, but kind of difficult to enjoy. Essentially, I appreciated the technique and movement, but it was just too stiff for my liking. The music was beautiful though.
  • Currently reading Plato's Republic (Book VI). Or at least I should be. Socrates is not-so-sly-digging all over the place.
  • I tried almond milk today and it did not live up to the hype. Kinda disappointed considering how much my friends all like it.
  • Today in English Survey, we studied the letters between John and Abigail Adams. I like to think of them as the original power couple. Abigail was definitely the brains though. 
  • We're having a writer from the New York Times come in to speak in Seminar 4, about public health. She's written tons of articles for the Times on hospital closings and Bloomberg's public health policies. It's kind of cool that our teacher is a retired journalist for the Times because connections.
  • Considering going to the RA/CA meeting so I can gather information about being one next year, or the year after. 
  • Also last-minute-considering study abroad for the summer in Italy. Freaking out because the deadline for Opp Fund is Friday and I just started thinking about this today.
  • Also freaking out that I might decide I want an internship for the summer.
  • Maybe I should just stay home this summer and relax.
  • Future responsibilities/choices. Eep.
OK that was some stuff. Hope you enjoyed my 1 AM thought-process. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment