Monday, February 3, 2014

An Intro (Unfortunately)

Hey, everyone. My name is Sam, I'm a freshman, and this is my introduction to the Macaulay blogging community. Before I get into what I actually want to talk about, I'll just say that I want to major in English, but I'm thinking about tacking pre-med onto that and doing a 5th year.

Okay. I don't mean to start this off so negatively, but I have to say it: I hate New York City snow. I hate it so much. It's ugly, inconvenient, and miserable. Maybe I'd think differently if I lived closer to a subway station, but living at Brookdale makes snow the bane of my existence. I dread the 15-20 minute walk to and from the subway every day, but when adding three inches of slush and snow blasting your face from every possible angle, I can say with complete honesty I've considered hailing a cab for the few short avenues.

It's a real shame, actually, because I truly love snow. I'm from Long Island, and out there the snow is gorgeous. It can be a minor hassle at times, but the positives outweigh the negatives when I take closed schools, the scenery, and comfort of adjustable heating into account. Hunter, of course, is not closed in this storm. What more could I expect, though? The city barely acknowledges snow, as far as I can tell.

I don't mean to give off a whiny first impression, but this is the first relevant topic that I had a lot to talk about, so I figured I might as well go for it. I'll be writing more soon, but for now, this is the Sam that you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment