Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thinking of titles in general gives me aneurysms

I'm back from my relatively short stint in India for study abroad, and it was such an experience! Definitely sounding predictably lame for being all "I went abroad and it was an amazing experience blargh" but I suppose there's a reason that most people come back and say similar things.
I would just like to say that since we as Macaulay students are GIVEN money in order TO study abroad, definitely use it. The paperwork is a hassle, and I'm sure that you might have reservations about going, but once you go, you'll be glad. Even if the other students are annoying and you get sick and packing is strenuous, in the end, it'll be worth it!
I could go on and on about how much I loved India, but I guess I'll just say that I loved it and hope I'll get to go back!
I'll definitely always remember that I spent my new years flying across the atlantic. Sad and yet excited for school to start and trying to fill out stressful applications and figure out my life and blegh. Why can't life be like the simpler high school days. I just want to watch movies. Is that so much to ask, college?
Other news of the week, abroad and non-abroad related:
-Cocoa butter lotion smells amazing!
-Buy lots of souvenirs when you go abroad!
-I think it's better to go abroad just by yourself, or with one other student/friend/sibling you know. In a group of friends from your college, you're kind of ...constrained to being the person you are while you're home. Not that you should lie about who you are! But going abroad lets you..explore the world AND yourself.? (Not trying to be deep here. Just trying to word my thoughts in a coherent fashion. Shutting up now.)
-McDonalds is everywhere
-Liam from One Direction apparently hates using spoons. I find this mentionable because what an odd thing to hate.
-Cinnamon raisin bagels are amazing (this coming from a self proclaimed bagel-hater. to be clear, I don't HATE bagels, I just usually don't feel like eating them. I'll eat them happily once a month, like I did today. It's a weird relationship I have with them. I'm not even sure where it comes from. Maybe because Manhattan has so many bagels that I got sick of them?)
-Chocolate is better elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment