Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Welcome to the rest of your life...sort of

It's really great to be writing again for the blog. A lot has happened since the last time I wrote. Not only have I recently become an RA at the dorms, but I also am really getting into the swing of applying to and preparing for dental school. Its really mind boggling and intimidating almost to know that I'm up to the year and point in my life where many events and realizations are finally crystallizing. Hopefully, these goals will become reached and fulfilled- I really hope applications and the process for dental school goes smoothly!!

Thus far, this is my "easiest" semester, with only 4 classes and 2 full days off. My course load is essentially all science classes, with the usual genetics course, along with endocrinology and independent research, and a little bit more unusual of my biogeography class, offered by the geography department. My most interesting and refreshing class is my Jerusalem in the 20th century seminar, as it serves to remind me that not everything is about science, and that there is a whole world out there. I hope to get a lot of studying for the DAT done on my days off, as well as volunteering at the marine biology lab at Baruch as I have done since last summer.

Having become an RA was a great and interesting process. I've met already a lot of new people at the Brookdale community that I never thought I would have met. Although its only been about the second week into the semester, I feel like I've already met and seen a whole new side to the campus. I have great expectations for this experience!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment