Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Perfect Semester Isn't Perfect w.o. Dissections and Chemical Explosions

Well its actually really nice to be back in college. I needed something to do and this semester is sure proving to be one of the most exciting ones yet (granted its only the second....but still). Chem lab will be challenging but only because of the danger that surrounds it. When compared with biology, there will be way more broken beakers in chem. On the other hand, biology lab this semester is all about dissecting everything from an earthworm to a pig. It reminds me of my anatomy & physiology class in high school where we dissected everything from an eyeball to a pregnant female cat. The lab component for both science classes has the potential to be the highlight of my semester. The last time I was in a chemistry lab, I was a freshmen in high school. I remember how cool it was to light the Bunsen burner (and did I mention we now have to light it with a match instead of a striker?) and perform all sorts of chemical tests (most memorable: exploding gummy bear fireworks).

No comments:

Post a Comment