Monday, February 27, 2012

Earthworms, Tech Fair, and Seminar 2

How's everyone doing on this sunny Monday afternoon?
I'm currently sitting in the Hunter library waiting to go to my Macaulay Seminar class. I like the class a lot, and I think Professor Friedlander is an incredibly intelligent woman. We have the great privilege of having class at Roosevelt House, which is actually Franklin D. Roosevelt's old house. It's kind of mind-boggling that I get to have class where one of the most respected presidents used to live. Thank you, Macaulay Hunter!!! haha.

Last week, I got to dissect an earthworm in biology lab. It was definitely an interesting experience. I've had this crazy fear of worms since I was a little kid, so I was definitely not looking forward to having to touch one. But it wasn't too bad and I think having to be in such close proximity with a worm helped me get over my fear a bit. But they definitely still freak me out. :p

This past Saturday, I attended the Tech Fair at the Macaulay building. This is a required event for all second semester Macaulay freshman. I think it was helpful because we have to build a website in our Seminar 2 classes, and the Tech Fair made me think about what kinds of things I'd want to put on the website we'll be creating in my class. It was also great to meet other Macaulay freshman from other campuses.

Did anybody watch the Oscars? I'm happy for "The Artist". French people are awesome. haha.

Quote of the week:

"Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one."

~Oscar Wilde

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment