Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Long walks, Musings, and New Beginnings

Hi everyone. =)

I hope everyone's semester has started off on a good point. I can already tell that mine will be a busy and challenging one. haha. But nothing worth having is ever achieved with ease.
Today is my early day so I was able to take some time to myself. Since it was such a gorgeous day, I decided to take a walk. I ended up walking from Hunter to 40th Street. There's something about being in the middle of all of NYC's chaos that makes me so incredibly at peace and hopeful. We all know that this world and our lives are not perfect, but seeing people out there doing what they can to enjoy this life and make the most of it is fantastic.
The work is already piling up for my classes, but it keeps me busy and in a way, it feels good to be busy. This doesn't mean that I enjoy having 8:00 A.M. classes three days week (haha), but I came to college to better myself and I think I'm doing that.
Something that I've been thinking about this week: It's very difficult, but not impossible, to change yourself and your lifestyle. I think it's important for all of us to really "face" ourselves and look at our flaws and imperfections. It's impossible to be perfect, but it's perfectly possible to make small changes in how you interact with others and with the world in order to be a better person. People should never be stagnant. Stagnation makes life boring. Change, although difficult, is what makes life interesting and wonderful.

Quote of the week:

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them."
~ George Bernard Shaw 


S.

1 comment:

  1. I love George Bernard Shaw! Have you read Pygmalion? It's a play by him. Excellent read.

    ReplyDelete