Friday, May 8, 2015

Mole, Exams, and Difficulties

Hi, everyone!

I only have five posts left on this blog. Ahhh.

We have been blessed with gorgeous weather this week. Finally. haha. Consistently good weather which I hope will last. I feel like I'm always talking about the weather on this blog. haha. Especially how much I love when spring comes in full force and the sun graces us again. Like right now, I see the sun shining outside my window. And I hear the birds chirping. It's beautiful.

So I have 2 exams next week. Cancer bio and endocrinology. I'm looking to get good scores on both. I want to finish strong. :)

Especially since I got back my second endo exam yesterday, and I didn't do as well as I thought. :(

So now I have to rock this next one on Monday. Ah, the pressure. But it's all good. At least I like the material.

After having my mood be a bit ruined by that score, the day much improved when I gave my presentation for my Our Bodies, Our Politics class. The presentation gave a synopsis of my final project for the class, which focuses on surgeries involving female genitalia including labiaplasties, hymenoplasties, etc. It's a topic that doesn't get talked about as often as it should so I'm glad that I got a chance to educate people about it.

My day got even better when I got some great news regarding my job search. Yay! Fingers crossed that all goes well.

This week, I had mole and pozole for the first time. So yummy! Mole is made with chocolate and chiles and other awesome things and there's nothing quite like it. And pozole is perfect for those cold winter days when you need some comfort food. Mexican food is just awesome.

I made a difficult decision this week that I'm doing my best to come to terms with. All I can say is that when loss happens, you have to let yourself grieve, but then, you have to move forward because there's a whole world out there, and it misses you.

Random, but does anybody think that iced coffee sometimes looks better than it tastes? haha

I saw Her last night. Really great movie that shows that certain things about love are the same no matter who is involved (an operating system, a human being, a ?).

S.

For this last semester, I've decided that I'll share one cool/interesting/thought-provoking thing that I happen to run across during the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment