Saturday, May 23, 2015

The End Is Near...

Hi, everyone!

A quick Saturday night post for you guys...

The semester officially ends tomorrow, which is also when I have to submit my last paper. Then, Wednesday, I'm graduating from Hunter. The following Tuesday, I'm graduating from Macaulay. And then, summer and the rest of my life. haha

I took my last exam on Thursday. Wrote in a blue book for the last time.

It all feels surreal. I'm ready to graduate and go on, but I also find myself memorizing the way the Hunter bridges look and how it feels to go up the escalators and sit in a classroom. Things that I will yearn to remember one day. Things that feel so fresh in my mind now but will be a distant memory one day.

On Wednesday night, Hunter hosted a dinner for Macaulay students. I'm so glad that I went because I got see some Macaulay students that I haven't seen in a long time. We all had dinner together and toasted to the rest of our lives. Hunter's president was there and the Macaulay Hunter director was there and they both said beautiful things about us. There were also a few faculty members including my seminar 4 professor who ended up sitting at my table. His class is one that I will always remember, and I'm so glad that he was there that night.

Yesterday, my partner and I at The Macaulay Messenger met with the new co-editors-in-chief to discuss their responsibilities for next year. I'm so proud of what we've done this year, and I know that they will do even better.

I've started watching Orange Is the New Black! I know, I know. I'm late. haha.

S.

For this last semester, I've decided that I'll share one cool/interesting/thought-provoking thing that I happen to run across during the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment