Friday, April 3, 2015

Spring Break, Yearbook Photos, and Med Students

Hi, everyone!

It's officially spring break! OMG. My last one ever in undergrad. Ahh.

I've never actually enjoyed my spring break. haha. Seriously. There's always been some major test to study for and/or some lab report to write. I would sprinkle in a couple of fun days here and there, but for the most part, my spring breaks weren't too different from the rest of the semester.

I've vowed to make this one different. I have no test right after break, which means I have a ton more time to chill out and just not be stressed about getting a 90+ on a physics exam. (Ahem...cue last spring break. :p)

In my next post, I'll let you guys know how my endeavor to have a more relaxed spring break goes.

On Monday, I went to a Japanese restaurant that had an awesome bento box for only $8.95. Fabulous. And they have a really cool interior vibe. Check it out here.

I also went to Astoria to grab a pastry and coffee. I had a cold earlier this week and being out and about on Monday actually helped me breathe better. For some reason, it was hard to breathe while indoors. Probably because it's hard to discreetly blow your nose in a classroom of 30 people without sounding funny. haha. Oh gosh. Being sick is not fun.

Astoria is awesome by the way! There are so many great places to eat there. Don't be afraid to venture out there during a break from classes. It's not far from Hunter at all.

And the other boroughs too. If you happen to have a particularly long break and don't have anything to work on, grab someone (or go on your own) and head to another borough. This is perfect for spring break days too. Outer boroughs have great food for relatively low prices.

By Wednesday, I was feeling loads better, which was great because I had to take my yearbook photo the next day. I got my hair blown out for the photo that afternoon and then headed to H&M before my evening bio class. While on Fifth Avenue, this well-dressed guy screamed out "Hey, darling! Can I ask you about your hair?" haha. I get my hair straightened for a couple of days, and now, I'm getting recruited for modeling. Only in New York. :p

I met with the photographer on Monday, and he was super nice. I should be getting the shots in the mail in 2 weeks. Hopefully, they came out good. :)

And omg, wasn't Thursday gorgeous?? We need more days like that. Soft sunshine and a delicious breeze. So wonderful.

Today, I went to a medical student panel at Macaulay. All of these students went to CUNY and are now in med school. They were well-informed and super friendly. They fill us with hope because they were once just like us, unsure of where they would end up, and they eventually got to where they wanted to be. It makes me excited for all that's to come.

I've also been doing yoga on a more regular basis lately. Let's hope I keep it up. I feel so good after working out. It's the best.

S.

For this last semester, I've decided that I'll share one cool/interesting/thought-provoking thing that I happen to run across during the week:

College admissions insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment