Friday, April 10, 2015

Hummingbirds, Cheesecake, and La Esquina

Hi, everyone!

In my last post, I told you all that I would let you know if I managed to have a better spring break than usual. Well, I kind of did. There were some really good days and a couple of not-so-good ones. Sigh.

I'll start with the not-so-good stuff. I got a cavity filled on Tuesday. Not fun. And yesterday was just totally sucky and difficult, but I'm alright. Such is life.

What was the good stuff? Plenty, thankfully.

My mom and I went shopping several times. The first time was on Sunday when we headed to Kings Plaza Mall. Unfortunately, most of it was closed (except Sears) that day because of Easter so we had to go home. haha. Oh gosh.

We were more successful during our second try on Wednesday. Yay! And we did a bit of shopping today as well. I love shopping with my mom because it's one of the best times to just be together. We can laugh, talk about life, people watch (haha), and do whatever else we like. It's great.

I spent most of Monday downtown exploring and enjoying the nice weather with someone. We grabbed Mexican food at La Esquina. I had a chicken torta and a quesadilla with huitlacoche (it's a must-try, so good) and then enjoyed some cheesecake at Eileen's Special Cheesecake. Yummy. I love all-day walking adventures. That's how you really get to know the city.

We found this beautiful mural. 
I've been watching Season 1 of Masters of Sex. Someone I know was watching it over the summer so I thought I would give it a try. I'm so glad that I did because there's nothing quite like it on TV at the moment. It tells the story of Dr. William Masters and Virginia Johnson, two pioneers in the field of sexology. But be careful, it has nudity (you can probably tell by the description haha) so if that makes you uncomfortable, stick to Mad Men. (It's not as explicit :p)

Today I started watching Broad City. It's like Girls but with more comedy and with two Jewish women as the main characters.

I'm still waiting for lovely spring to fully grace us....

S.

For this last semester, I've decided that I'll share one cool/interesting/thought-provoking thing that I happen to run across during the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment