Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Florence Study Abroad Part VII: Milan and the Road Home

So here's the end of my Florence study abroad posts. It's feels so crazy that it was only 4 months ago that I went to Italy. And this summer I'll be going to France! So you'll be seeing lots more study abroad posts from me.

The final weekend in Italy, after I took my final, I took the train back to Milan and spent some time there before flying out early the next day. I only spent a day in Milan, but I covered some of the more famous sites.

 This is the original Duomo. The church was built over 500 years and had hundreds of different architects and designers. It took so long to build this church that it went through the period of Gothicism and into the period of neo-Gothicism. It's a beautiful monstrosity of a building. I climbed to the top which was terrifying as the roof is slanted.

This sign was hilarious and amazing. I think it was trying to warn us about the slanted roof of Duomo.

I was really proud of myself for recognizing this scene on the side of Duomo. This is the annunciation (I only saw about 400 other versions of this scene in paintings and churches).

 This car was just beautiful. (P.S. the police cars in Milan were all Lamborghinis; I don't know how they can afford that)


 The original Prada store in Galleria Vittorio. Kinda geeked out when I saw this as I'm still a bit of a fashion nerd.

 The inside of Galleria Vittorio; it's an outside, open-air mall next to Il Duomo

 Sforza Castle


The view of the Alps from the plane ride home. This is the view I had when I came to Italy and it was  an amazing reminder of how much had happened in three weeks and how beautiful this country truly is. Arrivederci Italia!

No comments:

Post a Comment