Saturday, March 28, 2015

Andaz, Cream Puffs, and Sherlock

Hi, everyone!

My gums are a bit sore because I got a cleaning at the dentist. It's one of those things that are necessary but are unpleasant at the same time. haha. But I take care of my teeth knowing how many people spend their lives unknowingly ruining their teeth because they were never taught the importance of dental care and/or don't have access to it.

Let's backtrack to last weekend. I spent a good part of the weekend studying for the cancer bio test that I had on Monday. My test was at night so I studied with a group on Monday to make sure that I had the info down. I was always one of those people who never believed in study groups, but I am a big supporter of them now. They're super effective if you study on your own first and then teach the material to each other for a couple of hours. It's helpful to have a white board/chalkboard for study group sessions that involve science/math in particular. All of the pathways/equations can be drawn, and the confusion just dies away. Hunter has some in the library, and my friends and I like to grab one and get to work.

Photo courtesy of my awesome study buddy!
A lot of the time, I just have a quick lunch while sitting on one of Hunter's bridges and enjoying the view of Lexington Avenue. But Monday was great because I had lunch with someone at a Indian restaurant called Andaz right by Hunter where we just sat down for 40 minutes and really spent time enjoying our food. The food was so yummy and the music was pretty and the lighting was soft. There is a buffet, and you can basically get unlimited food for one set (low) price. It was just the two of us there at first, and we were just getting a bit of everything. So good. And their naan is great. Warm with some oil drizzled on it. Ahhh.

The exam went well too so Monday ended up being a great day.

On Tuesday, I was hunting for internship/job opportunities for next year. I'm hoping to stumble on something amazing soon. But as someone told me, the search is half the fun.

Then, on Wednesday, I got cream puffs from Beard Papa's with someone. So good. It was his first time there, and now he's a big fan.

On Thursday, I got my first endocrinology exam score back, and I did great! Now to keep it up...haha

Everyone has been telling me for months to watch Sherlock, and I just haven't got around to it yet. But the first season is available for free right now on the PBS website so I thought I would check it out. I've seen one episode, and I really enjoyed it so I'm officially a Sherlock fan now. Hopefully, I can get to episode 2 tomorrow...

S.

For this last semester, I've decided that I'll share one cool/interesting/thought-provoking thing that I happen to run across during the week:

Small ways to lift your mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment