Saturday, April 18, 2015

75 degree weather, Dean's Dinner, and a Blazer?

Hi, everyone!

Here's a Saturday post for you guys because I was so exhausted yesterday. It was a busy wonderful week back to school, but I didn't get to rest much so all of the tiredness came in yesterday. And I was extra tired because I walked 20 blocks to Whole Foods in shoes that are not meant for long walks (haha) to get some moisturizer, which I ended up not getting because I couldn't find a good one. Oh gosh.

And earlier that day I went to the CUNY Job Fair. The website said to dress well and not come in casual clothes so I came in the same electric blue dress that I wore to Senior Night back in February. I had a beige jacket over it just for the morning chill. I got to the fair, and I noticed that everyone else was wearing black and white. haha. When I got in line, a woman came up to me and asked if I had a blazer. I told her that I didn't, and she went to speak to someone before coming back to me. She ended up telling me to keep my jacket on while at the fair in order to meet the requirement of business attire.

But I did love that I stood out. Nobody else wore such a bold color with a lace overlay. haha

Now to get myself a blazer for the future...

Wednesday was absolutely gorgeous just like today. I love 70's weather. The sun is just perfect and maybe there's a slight breeze and the sky is blue. Ahh. Just beautiful.

On Wednesday, I went to a health professional school admissions panel where representatives from multiple schools gave us info about the admissions process and answered questions. I think that going to these kind of events is super important because you get to hear straight from the people that might be looking at your application.

On Tuesday, I went to Dean Kirschner's apartment for a dinner that she hosted for seniors. I'm so glad I went. It was about 10 of us (she's hosting two more nights), and we were able to have a casual conversation about what we love about Macaulay and what we can do to make it even better. She also had great food for us: sushi, chicken, noodles, and some dessert as well.

I have my second endocrinology exam bright and early on Monday morning. Wish me luck!

My mom and I made a yummy pasta dish today, and it was a recipe that I came up with!


Let's hope this sunniness continues...

S.

For this last semester, I've decided that I'll share one cool/interesting/thought-provoking thing that I happen to run across during the week:

2 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Elizabeth and I love your blog; as a prospective Macaulay Hunter student, it has been so helpful to me in making my decision and seeing what life at Hunter is like! I really want to choose Hunter, but I'm still not 100% sure about committing, and I was wondering if you or one of the other bloggers would mind answering a few of my questions through email or something? It'd be so helpful to me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Elizabeth! I'd be happy to. :)

    I don't want to post my email address here because it's a public blog. But you can ask your questions on here. Or we can figure out another way to get in contact (like through Facebook). Just let me know what you prefer. :)

    ReplyDelete