Saturday, April 25, 2015

Getting Through These Last Busy Weeks: Summer Plans!

As the weather warms up and due dates approach left and right, it can sometimes be a little overwhelming. For the next few weeks, I have essays and projects due almost every other day and then, of course, there are finals. Everyone deals with their stress a little bit differently, but the one thing that really helps me is knowing what I'm going to be doing in the summer and being able to look forward to it. I have a busy set of months until next school year, but busy doesn't have to be bad.

I was accepted into a summer program in Shanghai that I will be attending from the very end of June, basically July, to the end of August. I ended up applying for this program on my own, completely independently of help from Macaulay, Hunter, or Flagship, but even though that in itself was quite nerve wracking - I am so glad that I did. I can talk about the program and my experience applying for it on my own more in depth soon, but really I just wanted to say that it is really good to have something to look forward to. And it doesn't have to be a big thing. Besides this program, I'm also really excited to be able to watch my younger brother graduate from high school. That's going to be bizarre, but so so great. And I'm really excited just for warm weather! I went to Miami for Spring Break and got a taste of more consistently hot weather - I cannot wait.

So, if you are feeling a little bogged down in the stress of the end of a semester: just think of the things that you will get to do this summer. Even if you will be working or taking classes, make plans to do something special - just so that you can say "right, I need to sit tight now, and then I will get to do such and such." And, just remember that you can do this and everyone is rooting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment