Friday, March 6, 2015

Blue Bloods, Mad Men, and French food

Hi, everyone!

I spent part of tonight watching Blue Bloods with my mom because I feel like I need to spend more time with her. I'm always busy with something, and she's always saying, "You sit in your room too much, and I'm stuck here in the living room." haha. A lot of times, I'm working on something or just want to be alone, but I know that there also times when I can head over there and hang out with her. That time with family is so important, and you definitely have to fit it in into your busy schedule. As they say, the work will always be there.

We've published our first edition of the semester of The Macaulay Messenger! I'm cherishing these last couple of months of running it because I know I'm going to miss coming up with article ideas and editing pieces. It's been such a significant part of my college experience, and I hope to continue writing articles post-graduation in some other capacity. And to continue blogging as well! I have to figure out whether I want to have a personal blog or wait till I go to med school to join another school blog. Whichever it ends up being, I want to continue reflecting on my life and sharing it with other people. It's been such a joy.

I'm finishing up with the first part of season 7 of Mad Men, and it's great as usual. An eternally fantastic show that I will miss.

I'm in the process of working on med school application stuff, and it's all so exciting. Ahh. It's the culmination of years and years of hard work. Med school always seemed so far away and now, it's just around the corner. It's pretty amazing. I'll keep you all updated as things progress over the semester.

There's a misconception that med school applicants have to be these perfect people with a million things on their resume. Not the case. Med school admissions officials always say that they're interested in hearing our individual stories and what led us to our decision to be doctors. They want honesty and passion and realness above all in addition to the "regular stuff" (good grades, a good MCAT, and our experiences).

How about that snow storm that we got hit with yesterday? OMG. It made things difficult with travel, but it was so pretty at the same time. Especially the trees in Brooklyn.

S.

For this last semester, I've decided that I'll share one cool/interesting/thought-provoking thing that I happen to run across during the week:

I have to get myself to France once of these days....

No comments:

Post a Comment