Sunday, March 22, 2015

I Am Wild With A Capital W

I shouldn't be writing this because it's 11:24 pm and I SHOULD BE SLEEPING since I'm a mature adult now who has a sleep schedule and everything! (11-7)

February was awesome! I was a second-semester senior! I socialized like crazy! I went to Brooklyn College, saw a comedy show at NYU, saw Fifty Shades of Grey with my friends as a joke that ended up with us being slightly impressed with how they made it more of an empowering movie than we thought (I did NOT READ THE BOOK! Why does everyone think that?!), attended senior night that ended memorably with stuff collapsing on my head, and went to da club! I also attended 2 author events in the city with my favorite YA authors and got pictures with them and their signatures AND, AND, Sarah Rees Brennan replied to and favorited my tweets.
With all of this combined, I am basically very Wild (with a capital W, that's right).

When did I decide going out was more fun than staying in and reading books, you ask? When I realized I only have a few more months of living so carefree in the city with my best friends. This time will never return and I'm sad, but determined to appreciate it!
Now..it's March 22nd...which is weird, I think....Spring Break is soon.....I'm going to Phoenix for it! Because Nursing Conferences are awesome. And the opp fund has a category for academic conferences! We're presenting a resolution on bullying in nursing (cough, my idea, nbd).

Currently, I'm trying to get through the semester and get higher than 83s on my nursing exams. Stay tuned for more details as I discover if this is possible or not! I'm also enjoying my multicultural lit class because it's so racially charged (*shiver with joy*). Otherwise, I have been napping around, reading excellent Rainbow Rowell books (Attachments: an internet security officer falls in love with a newspaper writer after reading (monitoring, it's his job, ok?!) her emails back and forth with a friend. Emails! Falling for another person's thoughts and their soul! It's the ultimate romance.) and watching Bollywood youtube videos (nothing has changed).

Also, I ran 16/28 days in February and 17/22 days so far in March! Be proud of me, internet readers! I may have eaten 2 chocolate bars today, but it is Sunday and weekends are my weakness!
Also trying to get the nursing yearbook done in record time of one month. Feel free to stay tuned for that as well, as I play with the fate of senior year for many!

Amirah
PS. Movie recommendation: Queen : Bollywood movie that won best actress/film/director! It's great. The plot: A young woman goes on her honeymoon alone after her fiance cancels their wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment