Saturday, March 14, 2015

Macaulay Love

Hi, everyone!

What a gorgeous week, right? OMG. I can finally feel spring in the air.

It's March and winter is officially ending and I'm graduating in just over 2 months. I'm trying to soak in every minute of my time at Hunter. Sitting in class, getting lunch, and hanging out on the bridges. In just a few months, I'll be an alumni. No longer quite belonging in the student body. Just outside of it. It makes me sad because it feels like it all happened so quickly. But at the same time, I know that I'm ready to go. :) I've done a lot in four years, and I know that there is more waiting for me just outside those doors.

Last Sunday, we had the second Macaulay Scholars Council meeting of the semester. I love going to these meetings and participating in the process of making Macaulay an increasingly fun and warm place for students. If you end up coming here, definitely try to attend these meetings by becoming a rep for your class and/or a club leader. You get to pitch ideas, and have a chance to organize student events. Drew Adair runs the meetings, and he is absolutely fabulous. He listens to what we say and encourages us to take initiative.

Speaking of Macaulay, the acceptances are supposed to come out soon, right? Ahh. It's almost exactly 4 years (March 15, 2011) since I got my acceptance. Insanity. I was so so happy when I found out. I had worked so hard, and it was the most wonderful feeling.


I've just completed my committee letter application, which is one of the most important steps of the med school application process. There are many more to come, and I am so excited to do it all. :)

My mom's birthday is on Sunday and I got her a bracelet (Shh..), which is something that I've been doing since my freshman year. Here it is:


By the way, if anyone is looking for some yummy chicken and broccoli, check out this place. They make the best that I've had.

S.

For this last semester, I've decided that I'll share one cool/interesting/thought-provoking thing that I happen to run across during the week:



No comments:

Post a Comment