Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Film Adventure and Halloween

Hello everyone!

This past week has been a relatively quiet one for me. The assembly with Colum McCann that I mentioned in my last post was very insightful and it was an amazing opportunity to hear the author read passages of his own work and to talk about the motivation and meaning behind the wonderful piece of literature. The novel he presented on, Let the Great World Spin, is emotional and intense and I would highly recommend it! Although you'll all end up reading it anyway if you end up going to Macaulay Hunter so maybe you could wait until then.

In other news, my friends and I attempted to go to a midnight showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Chelsea Bowtie Cinema on Friday night, but arrived only to find that tickets were entirely sold out for that night AND the following night! Instead we just went and had some donuts and cried about not being able to see Rocky Horror. Other than that unfortunate incident, my weekend went well. I found out that I'll be acting in the next film for the Pied Filmmakers Collective, which is surprising and exciting since I've done production and directing for the first two films of the year. I originally joined the group with the intention of acting, so it'll be nice to get in front of the camera, although I definitely enjoy both jobs.

Speaking of film, I've decided that I'm going to take Film 101 over the winter intersession since it will help fulfill some of the Hunter Core requirements and film is something that I'm more interested in than I had anticipated. I'm most excited about taking it because that mean's I'll be able to live in the city over the break! Yay!

With Halloween, the opera, and spring registration all right around the corner, time seems to be flying by. I feel like I only just moved in a week ago, when in reality I've been living here for over two months! How did that happen?! I'm most excited for the fact that November is right around the corner, since Thanksgiving means I'll finally be able to go home and see my family, even if it is only for a few days. I miss them a lot and I'm very excited about getting to see everybody again.

Anyway, I should probably head off to bed before getting too sappy! Goodnight and stay well!

~ Adam Hobbins '18

No comments:

Post a Comment